Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

WileECoyoteSG

Turned on the computer one day after loading Internet Explorer 8 and now on boot up I get a window that pops up for Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack. I have no idea what this is, where it came from, or why it comes up everytime I boot my computer.

Help as to how to get rid of this would be greatly appreciated.

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
It's a pack of extensions for the Live Toolbar’s Search Bar.
To uninstall the Search Enhancement Pack, click Start > Run > then, paste the following and press Enter:
msiexec /x {9C9CEB9D-53FD-49A7-85D2-FE674F72F24E}

WileECoyoteSG

When I do the msiexec /x {9C9CEB9D-53FD-49A7-85D2-FE674F72F24E}

"It says this action is only valid for products that are installed."

Phantom010

Retired Trusted Advisor
What does your window pop-up say? Before updating to IE8, did you have the Windows Live toolbar installed? If you did, do you still have it? Seems to me that you lost or corrupted the Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack in the process of going from IE7 to IE8.

WileECoyoteSG

I never had the Windows Live or its toolbar or any other components installed. This error just popped up after trying to install IE 8.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online