1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

microsoft securty pack 2

Discussion in 'General Security' started by orkney, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orkney

orkney Thread Starter

I am using secunia.com to update my software. I use IE to do the updating. The first thing they show is a large list of patches to be installed. I already have the automatic update on my system and use it as required. Anyway, I went back to the service pack 2 and reinstalled all the patches (a note on the page says I already have service pack 2 installed) but after I go back to secunia it still shows this large (50 or more) patches to be installed. Also I updated IE to latest version and installed Active X as they suggested I do. I've done this 3 times now. Also, in the past, when I do auto update it shows all installed but one but within a few days these patches again to need to be reinstalled. Help please, Thanks, orkney

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!