Microsoft Sidewinder and Windows XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rebelron

I have an older Microsoft Sidewinder joystick (Part No. 91551) that I am trying to use with a new Dell XPS system that does not have a game controller port. I purchased a Belkin adapter to convert the game controller to a USB input.
The joystick is not auto-detected in Windows XP.
Are there any drivers for Windows XP. When I attempt to use the Game Controller input in the Control Panel, there is a Microsoft Sidewinder identified. When I select it, I get an error message "Missing Gameport or Gameport Drivers".
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Ron
Munroe Falls, Ohio

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online