1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft SideWinder - no support in XP.

Discussion in 'Games' started by PhotosGuy, Jun 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PhotosGuy

PhotosGuy Thread Starter

Mods: If this belongs in Hardware, please move it.

I've looked here http://support.microsoft.com/ph/1016 for help, & looked other places, & Microsoft SideWinder Precision Pro game controllers are not supported/compatible(?) with Microsoft Windows XP.
    BIG [​IMG] to microsoft!

Has anyone found a workaround to use them in XP?

2. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Welcome to TSG! (y)

Really? I have an old Sidewinder 3D pro, that is found and works just fine in XP pro..

I think you may need to chose the driver, but there is a "sidewinder auto detect" feature I think..
    It still shows installed for me, so I don't remember off hand how it installed..

I know it's in XP pro though.

Also says my Thrust Master wheel isn't supported by XP. But it too works just fine. :rolleyes:

3. PhotosGuy

PhotosGuy Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome! XP Pro or the 3D Pro must have critical differences from what I have.
    If someone needs the exact symptoms, I'll be happy to record & post them when I get back in town.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/471880

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice