1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Solution Center

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Chas353, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Chas353

Chas353 Thread Starter

Solution Center keeps attempting to install iteself from the Vista CD. It defaults to 1. Malware scan and Virus scans do not find any issues.

2. Megabite

Megabite

Is this on startup or when does the message come up?

3. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

Is this Vista CD the one that came with your machine?
    Are trying to reinstall Vista, as that is why you have this Vista CD in your CD player?

4. Chas353

Chas353 Thread Starter

I resolved the issue when I rolled back using a system restore point. It took a couple of rollbacks to reach a stable point for Vista. To answer one of the replies the install was attempted everytime I restarted the operating system. Even though the virus checkers could not find a signature for the issue I think it was virus induced somehow.

So my advice to anyone else who has this issue is to use the system restore operation. I have not paid much attention to deliberately creating restore points. In the future I plan to create them rather than only have the them created automatically.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/903938