Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Microsoft Still Trying To Force Windows 10 Upgrade On Users

3K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  NZGirl 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I've got about a dozen Windows 7 updates not installed and hidden to avoid this.

Tomorrow is "Patch Tuesday", so I'm waiting to see what updates Microsoft tries to sneak in on us for Windows 10.

--------------------------------------------------------------

#5 ·
KB #'s would be helpful. Its Tuesday AM and I haven't seen any updates yet.

#6 ·
I've got GWX Control Panel 1.6.0.1 in "monitor" mode in this Windows 7 desktop.

The Patch Tuesday updates will arrive here about mid-afternoon.

I'm waiting to see if it displays a Windows 10 alert about any of the updates.

--------------------------------------------------------------

#8 ·
What's KB3112148 for? I get that one for Windows 8.1 64-bit and when clicking on "More information" get "This page does not exist." I've installed all other updates on two systems, but am not installing this one yet.

#9 ·
I'm right in the middle of updating 3 desktops:
One with Windows 7 Pro 64
One with Windows 7 Pro 64 and Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
One with Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and Windows XP Pro 32-bit
so I'm keeping busy and haven't researched any of the updates yet.
GWX Control Panel isn't alerting to any trace of Windows 10, and is showing Windows 7 in each one to be safe from the forced upgrade.
I'm installing all the updates for now.

----------------------------------------------------------------

#13 ·
Had the same updates as Flavallee this AM. All installed OK and GWX shows no win 10 stuff.

Yesterday on my WIN 10 machine, it installed a cumulative update for WIN 10 and it looks like I got a new app. A new way to get to administrative tools. ???

#18 ·
#20 ·
Frank, my brother doesn't want to upgrade his windows 7 gaming laptop to windows 10 because some of his games may not work in windows 10 so i was wondering if the GWX Control Panel would stop windows 10 from accidently being installed on his machine. If yes where can i downloaded it from & how do i set it to stop all windows 10 installs. I've had to remove & hide the update that installs the upgrade to windows 10 notice from my brothers pc 3 times already & he just told me i gotta do it a 4th time. NOOOOOOOO:mad:

#26 ·
Same here - sent it straight to HIDDEN along with its other siblings.

#29 ·
Hi all, I've read this thread, downloaded the GWX control panel (thanks Frank) and have removed all the windows 10 stuff. I have the control panel set like the example on this thread. I've read the FAQ from the GWX site and my understanding is that the "Are Windows update OS upgrades enabled?" {NO} pertains only to further updates of Windows 10. ie, I will still continue to get updates and security patches etc for my Windows 7 OS. Is this correct? thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.