Microsoft Suite 2002

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

punkybunge

Nola
Hello, I have a problem that I have never heard of before and noone I know has either. I am hoping maybe someone will be able to let me know what is going on
I have a Dell Optiplex DIM 2400
2.40 GHz CPU 2.39 GHz 512 MB of RAM
And I an using Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service pack 2

My problem is Microsoft Suite 2002. I have tried to reach someone at Microsoft but haven't been able to. The Suite 2002 has seeral different programs in it. From the start button, then to Programs, I go to Microsoft Works, which brings up the task launcher. Excel, power point, streets and all that is in the package work normally, except for Word and Works and any of the topics that fall in the same of workds or word. Such as letters, labels, etc.
When I click on it to open, I get a box that pops up and reads as follows.
The Microsoft Works Task Launcher cannot access the task selected. Files needed to start the program maybe missing, corrupt, or may have been deleted. To restore or replace these files, you will need to re-install the program.
I have uninstalled and re-installed 3 times and it never changes. Anything that I previously already had in a wps files cannot be opened. I cannot make any sense of it at all. In the add remove programs, Works and Word are both installed and the following shows it.

Micro. Encarta Encylopedia 128.MB
Microsoft Office XP w/ Front Page 146 MB
Micro Picture It 199 MB
Streets & Trips 243MB
Micro Word 2002 74.MB
Micro Works Set up Launcher 96. MB
Micro. Works 6.0 77.15MB
Works Suite Add-in for Microsoft Word. 14.11 MB

I have re-installed on top of the program once and it didn't change, so I uninstalled and searched for all the others til they were all out of the system. Then re-installed all disc from the program. Still says the same. Please help if you can.

Thanks!!!!!
Noal Barrett

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts