Microsoft Teams URL link incorrect

SandiG111

Hi,

Email invite to Teams meeting reads as URL incorrect, check URL.
Basically, I get the link as random digits eg <meeting/auhhfbeu b898> the link does not work. I have been told that removing the < > after copy and pasting then hitting the enter will work. However this is not a long term solution as it is for work training sessions for a new job and Teams is going to be an essential element to the work. It seems unprofessional to ask the sender to send the link via another format. PLEASE, PLEASE help ... really need to get this sorted so that it links in smoothly from the link in the emails. Thank you in advance.
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 19041, Installed 20210218220810.000000+000
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) N4000 CPU @ 1.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 122 Stepping 1, CPU Count: 2
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 600, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 110 GB (68 GB Free); D: 931 GB (931 GB Free);
Motherboard: Notebook N75_77GU, ver Not Applicable, s/n Not Applicable
System: INSYDE Corp., ver INSYDE - 3, s/n Not Applicable
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Couriant

James
How are you receiving the emails? Are you using Outlook/Thunderbird/any app, or webmail like Hotmail, G-Mail, etc?

Couriant

James
OK, it may be how the emails are being formatted by AOL.

I will suggest using a program like Thunderbird, or Mail and see if that helps.

I am not familiar with AOL but we do have some members who are. I will move your thread to Web/E-Mail forum for better coverage.

SandiG111

OK, it may be how the emails are being formatted by AOL.

I will suggest using a program like Thunderbird, or Mail and see if that helps.

I am not familiar with AOL but we do have some members who are. I will move your thread to Web/E-Mail forum for better coverage.
Thank you. Greatly appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online