1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft to Delay Windows Vista Release

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by vreyens, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vreyens

vreyens Thread Starter

2. dr911

dr911

3. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

I imagine the PC makers will try to circumvent the delay by offering a "free" upgrade to Vista upon release. That would help sales and the holiday season could be partially saved.

It is hard to say really.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

It may be a blessing in disguise for those folks that would have gotten a "rushed to market" version for Christmas! :D

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I just read about the delay of Windows Vista until January 2007 in the newspaper this morning, and I've since seen it posted on several websites.

Microsoft is going to find computer users hanging on to Windows XP for a lot longer than they want them to. I'm waiting for the MIE 7.0 and SP3 upgrades to be released and will continue to use Windows XP.

None of my computers will likely handle Windows Vista anyway. It's my understanding that at least a 2.0 GHz processor speed and at least 1,024 MB of RAM will be required for it to run properly with other apps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Microsoft will just love that. Two license fees for each machine.

7. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

8. 8dalejr.fan

8dalejr.fan

Heard about it on the radio today.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!