1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

microsoft updates

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ch1, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ch1

ch1 Thread Starter

I can not download microsoft updates , i am using windows xp sp2 pro media center, using zonealarm firewall. I have disable it and it did not help. i have been on the phone with microsoft personnel for about 5 hours and they could not get it to download . i can download everything else that i want except microsoft updates. when they connect me to microsoft i thank they sent me to banladesh. i have a hard time trying to understand them but i got through some how, is there any thing that i can do to correct this problem , I tried to restore, but it would not after microsoft got through with using it, my computer by remote.
    HELP ANYONE

THANKS

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

What are the exact symptoms? One issue is having your date/time correct, Windows Update chokes if they're too far off.

3. cheaseeater

cheaseeater

Nevertheless, you can still search for updates manually right?

4. guitar

guitar Banned

5. ch1

ch1 Thread Starter

I can search manual. but when i try to download it downloads ok but when i try to install it gives me and errow code of 0x80070643, i have tried everything even talk to microsoft tec. on the phone for about 6hours and they could not are did not know how to do it i think they send me to india are some where i can not under them very well i am running windows xp sp2 pro. media center with zonealarm firewall and nob32 antivirus and yes i have disable every thing and it stills gives me this errow . I have looked just about every where and still can not find any thing . help please this is getting to be a fall out thanks.

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

7. ch1

ch1 Thread Starter

I have tried everything except the last one i will give it a try and let you know if it works thanks

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536652

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice