microsoft video conferencing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

analoay

my microsoft video conferencing program is under windows 2000 adv server

and the problem is :

when the client is in local LAN the video conferencing is working fine

BUT when the client is beyond the router ( in other branch) the video NOT
working (sound and video) but chatting and data working.

please any one have the solution ?

Are you talking about windows net meeting?

If i works when the program is not under the router, means that probably you don't have the port open for the specific program. The port for windows net meeting is:

TCP - 522
UDP - 1024-65535

You need to open these ports. Would you like to know how to open the ports or do you know already

David

Ok here goes

The standar ip address of a router is 192.168.2.1 i believe; enter that into your internet explorer address bar.

I differs from which router you use, but there should be option on the side of the menu to open a port - look for something like "virtual servers" or something like that. There should be then a window that comes up with a list of empty boxes

You will need to add the following ports to the virtual servers:
TCP - 522
UDP - 1024-65535

It would be much easier if we knew the make of router you were using, check out : http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm
That has in depth details on how to forward a port on the specific router make and model number

David

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online