1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Bluejeanwearer, Jun 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bluejeanwearer

Bluejeanwearer Thread Starter

Hello,
    I have been getting the below message over the past week...I have checked around for this and it seems others are getting similar error messages..anyone know what is causing this?
    Thankyou.

"Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library
    Runtime Error!
    Program:C:\ProgramFiles\Real\RealPlayer\Realplay.exe
    R6025
    -Pure Virtual Function call"

Windows xp Home Edition
    Version 2002
    Service pack 2
    Ei-System
    Intel(R)
    Celeron(R) CPU 2.66 GHz
    266 GHz,
    224 MB of RAM

2. The Hound

The Hound

Best I can find, uninstall realplayer (during uninstallation, tell it to save any media library you've built with it), reboot, and see if the error stops. It appears the coding in the realplayer version you're using isn't quite right. If the uninstallation solves it, you might (if you feel the need) download the latest version of realplayer--I don't much care for programs that call home so often, and multiple media players can cause conflicts which can't easily be explained.

3. Bluejeanwearer

Hello,
    Thankyou for your reply.
    Realplayer was on this pc when I bought it on 9th April 2007..I only use windows media player for music.
    If I uninstall it will I have problems listening/viewing things on the internet?.

4. The Hound

The Hound

I don't think you'll miss it. If you find a file you want to play which needs Realplayer, you can download and reinstall it for free. Files which need realplayer usually have an 'r' as the first letter in their extension, like movie.rm, song.ram, etc...

5. Bluejeanwearer

Thankyou very much for your help and fast reply :)

6. The Hound

The Hound

You're welcome. Give it a bit to see if the error comes back---if it's fixed, please use the thread tools at the top of this page to mark this one solved...

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/585098

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice