Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical Problem!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AtreideS

Hello,
I recently purchased a Microsoft Wheelmouse Optical. It has been working great for about 1 month, UNTIL I started using it to play games. After about 30 mins of playing Quake it makes a weird noise then completely stops working. Can't the mouse handle games? Please help. Have I got a faulty mouse or are they just not designed to handle games? Please help.

I still use a lint trapper 2000 mouse, but my friend uses his microsoft optical mouse for games all the time. He never had a problem. He has an atari emulator and plays kaboom all the time.

He uses the mouse to simulate the atari paddle. If you are familar with kaboom, you have 3 water basket that you have to move back-n-forth contstantly to catch the bombs.

He plays that game so much that he literally rubs through mouse pads. Anyways, lots of movement. lots.

So I don't see why the mouse couldn't handle games. However it could just be a lemon or some type of usb/serial problem. Or sensitivity settings could be out of range of the mouse's compatability.

AtreideS

Thanks for your help. I'm now thinking about taking the mouse back to the store, or at least getting it checked by someone. Thanks.

atreides,are you talking about the cordless optical mouse?
if so,i had a similar problem just the other day,solved it with a defrag...........that simple.:rolleyes:

AtreideS

I just remembered i have my mouse connected in PS/2 and not USB. I am using a little adapter that came with the mouse. Could this be causing the problem? Please help as it is getting very annoying!

It's possible. so you are saying you have a usb to serial adapter? Try using it as usb instead of serial. as the adapter could be bad.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online