1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft, Windows 7, Activation problems

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Totalstranger, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Totalstranger

Totalstranger Thread Starter

I built this PC which works very good.
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 640 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 5 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 7677 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1), 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 953865 MB, Free - 925742 MB;
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., GA-78LMT-S2P
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

I see the antivirus is disabled. But I`ll Finish This.
    I Used Windows 7 on this Pc first. Then dual booted with Windows 8. Then got a SSD and tried Both OSs on SSD. No Problems with Windows 8 yet. But Windows 7 it has been different. I bought Windows 7 and 8 OEMs. I installed Windows 7 first. During activation a message came up about counterfit software. I ended up on the phone with Microsoft for activation. I explained about the counterfit message and she said well lets see. Activation went fine. Then this windows 7 activated fine on different drives in this PC. Then I tried
    to install Windows 7 and the counterfit issue came up again. And no option to activate on phone this time.
    Windows 7 will not activate update or anything now. I do not know what happened. Something is very wrong. Is there a phone number to Microsoft so I can try to get this straightened out. Like I say This was un opened when it arrived. IT looked like one I got from TigerDirect last week exactly. I just don`t want a Windows 7 that cost $100.00 that will not work. Is there a way to contact Microsoft and maybe get this fixed or am I out $100.00.

2. dai

dai

3. Totalstranger

Totalstranger Thread Starter

Thank you very much.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083502

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice