1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Windows Error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by solidwax, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solidwax

solidwax Thread Starter

Hi, Im getting a Microsoft Windows Error at every computer start up or more commonly after a game i was playing crashes and the computer restarts or has to be restarted. The error is: The system has recovered from a serious error. After sending the error report it directed me to the microsoft windows error reporting page with "corrupted error report" and the following " Unfortunately, the error report you submitted is corrupted and cannot be analyzed. Corrupted error reports are rare. They can be caused by hardware or software problems, and they usually indicate a serious problem with your computer."

So i guess i have serious hardware or software problem, actually i know there is a big problem because my computer is deffinitely not performing. Constant game crashes and computer restarts. Can someone help me figure this one out? Thanks!!

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

You need to post more information about the machine. Is it a manufactured machine such as Dell, Gateway, Hp, etc. or a custom machine? If it is a manufactured machine post the EXACT make and model, processor, operating system, EXACT make and model of the PSU, etc.

If it is a custom machine, post the EXACT make and model of the motherboard, processor, operating system, EXACT make and model of the PSU, memory, etc.

The 3 most likely suspects hardware wise would be the PSU, hard drive and memory. If you don't have a PSU tester take the tower to a local repairer and have the PSU tested (takes about 10 minutes), go to the hard drive manufacturers website and download and run their diagnostic utility, download Memtest86+ and run Memtest for at least 4 passes on the memory.

Software wise the most likely candidates are corrupted operating system files, corrupted program files, program conflicts, malware or viruses, corrupted registry.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649704

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice