Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

alicez

I ran the MRT and got following:
======
Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool v3.9, July 2010
Started On Tue Jul 13 18:32:22 2010
WARNING: Security policy doesn't allow for all actions MSRT may require.
->Scan ERROR: resource process://pid:1204 (code 0x00000005 (5))
-> Sysclean ERROR: Internal error, code = 80508015
Results Summary:
----------------
No infection found.
Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool Finished On Tue Jul 13 18:34:35 2010

Return code: 0 (0x0)
=======

Does anyone know what the second 'error' entry - "-> Sysclean ERROR: Internal error, code = 80508015 " - refers to and if it is something I should be worried about?

This is a new Win 7 (64-Bit) computer and I am hoping there is nothing wrong with it.
Someone said to just make sure that No Infections are Found, and do not pay too much attention to the other 'notices.'

Can anyone help please? I couldn't find anything for the 80508015.
I am worried about this.
Please advise and thank you.
Alice

Someone said to just make sure that No Infections are Found, and do not pay too much attention to the other 'notices.'
It is YOUR computer, but I would like to have my computer running without such notices.

open "computer"
Organize > layout > enable menu bar
tools > folder option > "view" tab
Be sure W7 is set to display hidden, system & protected files & folders.

Open C:
Open Windows
Open "Debug"
Open mrt.log
Select & copy the contents.
Paste contents in a reply.

Reverse folder options changes.

If the MRT troubleshooting fails, set User Access Control to minimum; reboot; try again. If the problem persists,
start > search
type: msconfig.exe
"services" tab, hide Microsoft services; then disable all
"startup tab", disable all.
OK
Restart
Run MRT again.
Report results.

RF123

alicez

Thank you all for trying to help. I am just so confused about this item = Sysclean ERROR: Internal error, code = 80508015. I just wanted to know what it meant.

I couldn't find the debug, possibly because it was cleared out by CCleaner.
I did run the MRT and it just said no infections found, it did not mention the 2 sys errors that was originally reported (mentioned in my initial post).

Most of the answers given have just been a bit too confusing for me as a novice.

The answer that made most sense to me (for me to understand at least) was the one by
"Daz1" which said: "fairly sure its because the aimed file does not exist ."

I guess I am just too dumb to understand. I guess I will just have to forget about it

Alice

alice :
Your choice.

We are here to help.

If you don't understand a suggestion, please describe, as best you can, that which you do not understand.

RF123

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts