1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

microsoft windows Me 4.90.3000

Discussion in 'Networking' started by chefcolby, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chefcolby

chefcolby Thread Starter

i just received a windows ME and i cant use ethernet because they dont have a slot so i bought a wireless router and a wireless usb router thing, well i plugged in the cd for the usb and it will go to the install screen but it wont let me click next so i went in my computer hit the open button install drivers and they all said i need to update my computer, but in order to do that you have to have internet so how can i do that with my computer, please help

2. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

Please don't think I'm being facetious but the kindest thing you could do to that computer would be to treat it to a Linux Operating System instead of ME. Chances are it has too limited resources to run XP and if it could, XP is expensive, even now. A Linux system would recognise all the hardware, including your new wireless adapter, and you'd soon get used to the system. It will do all the things Windows can do and in some cases, better. You won't need to worry about an anti-virus or a firewall and there are programmes and utilities for everything and it's all free of charge,although donations are welcomed.

Use the computer you're on now to download the Minime version of PCLinuxOS from http://www.pclinuxos.com and then burn it to a CD using ImgBurn or similar. Run it in the other machine as a LiveCD without installing it to see if you like it and install it when you're ready.

3. chefcolby

chefcolby Thread Starter

i tried this, but it didn't work i wouldnt let me do it on that computer so i tried it on my working computer and it comes up with a qemu command prompt like thing i dont know what to do now. please help

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919701

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice