Microsoft windows telling me my hard drive will fail

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PrivatePC

Something keeps popping up telling me my hard drive will fail.
"Microsoft windows" your hard drive will fail please replace hard drive"
I have had my computer for years and its been saying that for a long time and it hasnt happend yet. I blocked it from popping up before, but now that I reformatted my computer its happening again. How do I keep this from popping up?

PrivatePC

The hard drive is not failing. I checked admin settings and theres no bad sectors or anything like that. I have had this for years after it told me it was going to fail. But the point is, I fixed it from popping up BEFORE i formatted, but now sense I formatted back to start ( ya thats right restarted from scratch ) its telling me again.

DoubleHelix

Banned
Formatting doesn't fix a hard drive. I don't know what makes people think it does.

Your hard drive will work perfectly fine right up to the minute it doesn't. Then you'll lose whatever data you added since your last backup.

I suggest you replace the drive.

Your hard drive WILL FAIL, and reformatting with the standard Windows FAT32 will not get rid of that pop-up message. If you want to keep your drive, you need a different reformatting system to get rid of the message, however, I would either replace the drive, or back up your files.

Since you state the message has been popping up for quite awhile, have you checked the drive manufacturers website to see if there is a firmware update for the drive?

If it happens to be a Seagate drive, a couple of years ago Seagate sold quite a number of drives that needed firmware updates.

Are you saying you want a way to stop the pop-up and that is your only concern?

Seems everyone wants you to backup your files and get a new harddisk lol

Are you saying you want a way to stop the pop-up and that is your only concern?

Seems everyone wants you to backup your files and get a new harddisk lol
What is your suggestion when Windows gives a hard drive failure warning? :rolleyes:

If it happens to be a Seagate drive, a couple of years ago Seagate sold quite a number of drives that needed firmware updates.
Shouldnt be the Seagate problem, if that kicked in he'd not even be able to access it.
Got a 7200.11 myself, didnt find out about the fault until it was too late and had to send it off to Amsterdam to be flashed..

Hard drives are pretty inexpensive, especially 150 GB or smaller. Clone the problem drive and replace it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online