1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000 Function Keys

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nickib622, Jul 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nickib622

nickib622 Thread Starter

I picked up a used Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000 off of Craigslist and really like it a lot - except for one very annoying thing - the function keys don't work as they are supposed to! Specifically, I always used the "save" function key (formerly F12 on my old, wired keyboard) and made things much faster for me when transcribing. Now, if I hit the F11 key (which is supposed to be the save key), it starts my transcription software (ExpressScribe) dictation and starts it in the v-e-r-y slow speed. What's up with that? It doesn't help if I try to reprogram the key - and yes, my function lock key is on. Any thoughts? I have to physically pick my hand up off the keyboard, go to my mouse and hit the little "save as" icon that I have added to my quick access toolbar ribbon (sigh) - really slows a girl down, ya know? Thanks for any suggestions!

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

3. nickib622

nickib622 Thread Starter

Yep, went to the link you posted to check just in case, turns out I have a later version of the driver (8.20.409.0) from 05/18/11. Any other thoughts? Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1059847