1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Word 2003 Header-Footer Question

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by dmtodd58, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dmtodd58

dmtodd58 Thread Starter

I'm trying to get a Word template that has the auto-text "file name and path" inserted into the footer. I want it to update automatically whenever I save the document into a new directory. Right now it stays the same. Can anyone point me in the right direction? This is a work computer that does NOT have the ribbon.

thanks!

2. valis

valis Moderator

you just want to to state where it resides in the footer? in the header/footer section, select footer > tools button on the toolbar > insert auto text > filename and path. Then save the template, should be good to go.

and welcome to tsg.....;)

3. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1092924