1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Word 2003 is slow to open

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by treecounter30, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. treecounter30

treecounter30 Thread Starter

I am using a computer in the office. There are two of us that use this computer, myself and my boss. Neither of us are really computer saavy, we understand the basics and thats about it. We only work in the office on rainy days, any other time we are outside. But we have been using Microsoft word 2003 for a few years and have never had a problem loading it until now. It takes up to 5 minutes sometimes to load the program. We are using Windows XP 2002 edition, service pack 3. The computer is a dell Dimension DM051 Intel (R) Pentium (R) D CPU 2.8GHz, 2.79 GHZ, 1.00GB of RAM. All our reports are in Word format and every time we open any report it is taking up to 5 min. to load. Is this a virus, spyware? I dont' think its the computer itself because we've never had a problem with this or any other program before. Any support or suggestions would greatly be appreciated thank you.

2. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

Does this happen with other programs?
    How full is the hard drive?

3. treecounter30

treecounter30 Thread Starter

The hard drive is only using 21.3 GB out of 144GB. This is the only program that is slow to load. Everything else runs as normal. The only change we've made to the computer is installing an additional printer. An HP Color Laserjet 2600n.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/768910