1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft word 2003 question

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by MWnumber1Fan, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MWnumber1Fan

MWnumber1Fan Thread Starter

In the old microsoft word, when you had more than one document open, they would all use the same window, and minimize within itself. However I now have 2003 and when I open a new document, they are completly seperate windows and use two buttons on the task bar. I liked having all my documents open in the same program that i can control with the x in the corner. This is hard to explain so i Hope you know what i am talking about. I know it is possible to change this setting because ive used antoher computer where it has done this. I just can not find it in the options or anywhere I have looked. Any help would be appriciated. Even maybe a term i could use to look for it. THank you

2. m-dash

m-dash

In Word 2002 (XP version) you can go to Tools > Options, click on the View tab and clear the checkbox labeled "Windows in Taskbar". According to the Word Help, this will force all Word document windows to be represented by a single button on the taskbar. Word 2003 should be similar.

M-dash

3. MWnumber1Fan

MWnumber1Fan Thread Starter

Yes that solved the problem. THank you very much

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/361001

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice