1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Word 2003 !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rivewil9, Apr 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rivewil9

rivewil9 Thread Starter

Hi Guys

i'm running windows xp, i'm having trouble opening certain e-mails, when i open one sometimes a blue Microsoft Word screen comes out in the background, you know like if i was going to write a letter, and then i get a window that states " The Command cannot be performed theres a dialog box open, close the box and continue ' but when i close it i get another window asking me for my 25 product key which i found and i type it in with caps or no caps and i get a window that states i put in the wrong product key, i can finally open the email opening it with Note Pad, but still i think i might have future problems with this product key thing is there anything i can do, like maybe download Microsoft Word ?? i'm totally lost here, any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Augie65

Augie65

You have to type in the product key exactly as it appears. It is case sensitive and make sure that you type a 1 for number and l for letter, same for 0 number and O capital letter.

3. rivewil9

rivewil9 Thread Starter

Hi Augie65

i'll try it again, thanks.

4. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

is word/ms office on the computer?

did word/ms office come with the machine or did you add it?

if you added it you should only need the cd key for the install.
    you might need to remove it in add/remove programs, restart and reinstall the app.:cool:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/455048

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice