1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft word 2003

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by skid1987, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. skid1987

skid1987 Thread Starter

i have reciently occured a problem with opening of microsoft 2003 files(all of them), when i go to open the file it prompts me for permision from the user control (the computer never done this until reciently). once i give permission an error box appears(no error codes) saying that the file cannot be found. once microsoft word opens a black screen appears. i have repaired, system restored, and re-installed the programme and have now ran out of ideas. any help please???

thanks

2. Sponsor

3. Albantar

Albantar

What happens when you launch Word or Excel from the Start Menu?

4. skid1987

skid1987 Thread Starter

same thing happens. but a few minutes later a new document appears.

5. EBSchrader

EBSchrader

This may be another quirk of a wonky normal.dot file. Close Word, locate all instances of normal.dot (a hidden file), and delete or rename to normal.old. Relaunch Word, and it will create a new normal.dot file. See if that fixes your problem.

6. skid1987

skid1987 Thread Starter

tried deleting normal.dot file, new one was created but still hasnt cured the problem. if i open the files when microsoft word is open it opens the files. the user control keeps asking me for permisson for to open word and then cant read the file.

7. EBSchrader

EBSchrader

OK, it's time to call in the big guns. ANN TROY!! We need you, please.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/793360