1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Word/insert picture bug

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by richyboy, Jan 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richyboy

richyboy Thread Starter

I used to be able to double click an image/picture from the Microsoft clip art gallery into a Word document.

Now, not only can I not connect via Internet to the Microsoft Image Gallery, when I double clip an image/picture, it is saved as a weird, unkwon file- which of course I can't insert..

Any ideas, thank you

2. Signature

Signature

<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">Hi richyboy. :)

Are you going to the right site?
    http://dgl.microsoft.com

Once there, (if you can get there), at the very top of the page it says:</font>
    <font color="#FF0000">NOTE: Active scripting or JavaScript, and cookies must be enabled in order to proceed.</font>

<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">Then I would read and Accept the</font>
    <font color="#000000">END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR MICROSOFT DESIGN GALLERY LIVE CONTENT</font><font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">.

From there, I suppose I would search the on-site Help files about Downloading Clips.
    Perhaps most specifically, I would read the section entitled Optimize Your Browser for Downloading Clips on a Windows Computer.

Those are my ideas. :)</font>

3. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Have you installed something recently, like a newer version of one of the Office products, or FrontPage/Publisher or the like? These programs also use the clipart gallery. If you have, for instance, Office 97, and then install FrontPage 2000, your PC uses only ONE clipart gallery, so it may have become weirded-out by a new program install.

This can then be fixed by registry entries. For instance, you find the file on your hard drive called cag.exe, note its location. Then, go into the registry and look for that file name, you may find that it's being referred to in a folder in which it NO LONGER resides. Let's suppose your cag.exe is in c:\program files\ms office\office. You go into the registry and do a find for cag.exe and each time it comes up, it refers to c:\windows\application data\office\cag.exe. Hope this makes sense. What you'll want to do is edit the registry keys to point to the actual location of the cag.exe. There's information at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q138491 too.

I'm not sure if I've got it perfectly right, but would rather find out if you installed something that go any further than this.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65220

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice