1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Word is tring to install microsoft word again

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Trigger_Happ, Dec 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Trigger_Happ

Trigger_Happ Thread Starter

alright my problem is that i have already used microsoft word 2000 for awhile now and its been fine, no problems whatsoever then about week ago it started doing a lot of crazy stuff when i opened it. this happens every single time. i open it and it states that
    it is preparing to install microsoft word 2000 (i already have it installed) then it states that it must gather the required information. At first i thought it was an update so i decided to let it continue. when it was finished it said that "the feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not availible. please insert the microsoft word 2000 disk and hit ok" alright the thing was it wasn't an update. and i couldn't find my word CD because it hasn't asked for one ever since i installed it. I then hit cancel and everything went away and about a minute later my microsoft word 2000 came up and it had no updates and was functioning fine but it was going about half the speed it usually does. Other than that there were no other problems and i continued with my work. The only thing that really bugs me is that this entire process takes about 5 minutes every time I start up... so its kinda of a pain... is there any way to get rid of this? thx to all... Peace Out

2. Miz

Miz

3. Trigger_Happ

Trigger_Happ Thread Starter

thx no problems whatsoever now... thx for the help:)

4. Wurmington

Wurmington

i know this is a different thread but ur online. Do you know what OEM stands for?

5. ibm37

ibm37

Original Equipment Manufacturer ....i think?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/191412

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice