1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

microsoft word wont work

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by aj200076, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aj200076

aj200076 Thread Starter

microsoft word wont work every time i double click icon a window appears saying: ''this action is only valid for products that are currently installed'' but know i have had it on my pc since bought it??? os is xp any help thanks:confused:

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Did the PC come with a fully licensed version of MS-Office of MS-Word or some type of time limited trial version? Most free versions for the last few years that come with Windows have only been the limited versions.

3. aj200076

aj200076 Thread Starter

as far as i know it came with the original setup disk ''emachines'' pc which i bought in about november 2004 still running same pc now have lots of saved files from word but as you said about time limit i can no longer access them? but have had lots of problems recently with a virus or somthing ''Acacandy'' helped me with lost drivers a few weeks ago?

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    I don't know if eMachine was including a full or trial version of MS-Word on their computers back in 2004.

I did find some information on the MS site that is about MS-Word 2003 and a longer error message that includes the ''this action is only valid for products that are currently installed'' text in a longer error message. I am not sure if it applies to your situation.

You receive a Windows Installer Error 1605 error message when you start Word 2003
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823522/en-us

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752696

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice