Microsoft Word

CeeBee52

Hi. I hope I am in the right forum.

I purchased a copy of Microsoft Word 2010 10 years ago and installed it via DVD with a product key. I have unfortunately lost the product key and only realised this when I had a glitch with the program, deleted it to reinstall, and now I cannot find my key. Is it possible to install MS Word correctly without a key., or to get a key without purchasing the software again. It is expensive to repurchase this product. I have the DVD and I don't think I should have to buy the whole thing again.
Any ideas please?
Thanks in advance,
CeeBee

FWIW, fully agree with Frank above. Have used LibreOffice for many years and it does everything you're likely to need from MS office.

Another suggestion:

Softmaker Free Office. Lighter than Libre Office, and saves in MS Office File Formats by default. Has the best transfer of MS Office file formats, can even open password protected Office Files. Libre Office is good, but is a bit bloated, crashes more often than it should. and the conversion to MS Office file formats is good, but not great, Softmaker Free Office loads faster than Libre Office:

https://www.freeoffice.com/en/

Jack

Couriant

James
Another good free alternative would be OpenOffice.

However if you are particular to Word, Microsoft has their Subscription plan for $69 a year, which will come with support and free upgrades. $99 if you have others that may need it (family plan up to 5 users I think).

One time purchase is $149 from Microsoft.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online