1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Works 4.0 to Microsoft Excel 97

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by technonot, Jul 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. technonot

technonot Thread Starter

My husband is a pilot. When we had Windows 95 & Microsoft Works 4.0, he saved his flight logbook on a Works spreadsheet program, then fortunately onto a floppy disk. When we upgraded to Windows 98 we also installed Microsoft Office Pro 97. Now when we try to print something off the Works spreadsheet (like only 1 page), we can't. It tries to print all 100 or so pages, & gives us a message about having over 500 fonts. Is there anyway to take the data off the floppy & transfer it into Microsoft Excel 97? I've tried, but it comes out in a format that looks like hyeroglyphics. It would be absolutely impossible to manually re-enter all the massive amounts of data on the floppy, & it of course has to be added to all the time as flight hours are added. ANY suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks [​IMG]

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Email the file to me...

3. technonot

technonot Thread Starter

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dreamboat:
    Email the file to me...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, if you really want the ENTIRE file, ok (but you may be sorry! [​IMG]) Good luck, & thanks for trying. Oh, I don't know how to attach a file from my desktop to this reply, so I'll e-mail you & attach it that way.

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Received the file, opened in MS Works 4.x, saved as Excel SS, opened in Excel 97, fixed it up a little bit and emailed back to you. Took about 10 minutes. No problem. As for the ENTIRE file, it was only 165 KB. That's NOTHING!! Good luck.

5. technonot

technonot Thread Starter

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dreamboat:
    Received the file, opened in MS Works 4.x, saved as Excel SS, opened in Excel 97, fixed it up a little bit and emailed back to you. Took about 10 minutes. No problem. As for the ENTIRE file, it was only 165 KB. That's NOTHING!! Good luck.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you!!!! Unfortunately, I got an e-mail from you, but there was no file attached. I think you sent this particular e-mail before you worked on the file. Could you please try sending it again? (P.S. I am not worthy! [​IMG] )

6. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Sure, but it's at work. It wouldn't hurt if you email me at that address (keep confidential please) to remind me! (Sorry!)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/30770

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice