1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

microsoft works database question

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Rustdog, Jul 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rustdog

Rustdog Thread Starter

Hi, I have a large list of items in a database that are numbered using a numbering row.They are then filtered to match certain criteria.So now the number row is no longer consecutive.What I want to do is make a new number row that tells me the occurence of each record happening.For instance,if my database stats at number 3 then the next number is 7,i want to have 7 -3 to give four.Basically,I want to know the distance between each record.If I could use a formula for the whole number row that would take a record and minus it from another?Thanks JIM

2. Rustdog

Rustdog Thread Starter

Help me please

3. Rustdog

Rustdog Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/253761