1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Works question about gridlines...

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by krisanna80, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. krisanna80

krisanna80 Thread Starter

I have done absolutely everything I can to get rid of the gridlines on my Works document. They don't show up on the computer screen but show up when i print (n) and its really aggravating!! Any ideas on what i can do - i have already tried Page Setup and unchecking gridlines on View window....

2. ChuckE

ChuckE

I don't have Works here (I'm out of town) but if it works like it does in Excel, it might be because you have cell borders set.

You might see if, by selecting the affected cells, do a:
    Format>Cells
    select the Border Tab, and shutting off all the borders, (make it "None").

Might work.

3. kromes

kromes

Did you try going to the format menu, border and shading, change line style to none?

4. Yorkshire Guy

Yorkshire Guy

hi krissana80,

I've never used Works, but in Excel, PRINTING gridlines is specifically on the Page Setup / SHEET tab : Print Gridlines, Black & White etc.

Sorry, I don't know what the VIEW Window is in this respect. (If you could turn of grids in View then you'd just have a blank screen!)

If Borders was the issue you would see them on screen.

lol
    Hew

5. krisanna80

krisanna80 Thread Starter

Thanks to everyone that offered their assistance. What I ended up having to do it b/c it was a database document, I copied and pasted it into a Works word processor document. that worked great! thanks for your help though.

6. XL Guru

XL Guru

I have Works 2000 (version 5).

Assuming you mean a Works spreadsheet, Borders may be an issue as Chuck suggested.

Hew, by "View window" krisanna80 probably means the View menu, which has a Gridlines option.

krisanna80 mentioned Page Setup ; yes, there is a File -- Page Setup -- Other Options -- Print Gridlines setting. The thing is you need to look at all three things in respect of each other, to make sure something isn't over-riding something else.

HTH,
    Andy

7. Yorkshire Guy

Yorkshire Guy

I'll always bow to XLGurus wisdom.

For my peace of mind, by Gridlines in View Menu, that is something in Works is it, not in Excel?

Thanks
    Hew

8. XL Guru

XL Guru

Give over, Hew. :eek:

Yes, it's in Works. With Excel, on-screen gridlines is a different route (Tools -- Options -- View tab -- Window options) (at least up till XL 2000).

Rgds,
    Andy

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/375773