1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Works !!TROUBLE!!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Nova_Wind, Sep 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nova_Wind

Nova_Wind Thread Starter

Can anyone please help me. Whenever i try to open Microsoft Works, this pop up comes up. See attachment. I know my antivirus quarantined 2 files, but i'm not sure if those are the ones required to fully function my Microsoft Work. The two files are :

Channel Screen Saver.SCR
    eaa9334.TMP

Also i did my first spybot scan and it also quarantied some files. Thanks for your time

Attached Files:

2. Styxx

Styxx Banned

3. Nova_Wind

Nova_Wind Thread Starter

Can anyone help me resolve this pop up please :(. And thanks for the reply, Styxx. I deleted both of the files but i still get that annoying pop up whenever i open up my microsoft works

4. Styxx

Styxx Banned

Sorry I found how to enlarge it. It says, "Works cannot access one or more files it needs to run the Word Processor. The files may have been renamed, deleted or moved. Try reinstalling Works, and then restarting the program again."

Here's the fix. Back up all files on your hard drive with a .wps, .wdb or .wks extension to removable media - floppy, CD or Zip for example. Clue: All those backup files are in the Documents folder in the MSWorks subdirectory in the Program Files Directory - the path is C:\Program Files\MS Works (or Works)\Documents. Then uninstall Works in the Add/Remove Programs control panel; Restart your computer; Reinstall Works.

Simply put you just do as the popout suggests. The viral infection may have renamed, deleted or moved the files necessary for Works to start. Now all you can do is backup your sensitive data and uninstall/reinstall Works. The popout is telling your Works is corrupted beyond repair.

5. Nova_Wind

Nova_Wind Thread Starter

Ahhh, the stupid setup for Microsoft Works 2000 wont let me install. It stops half way and a pop up box appears saying, "setup could not launch the MDAC installation". HELP!!!

6. Styxx

Styxx Banned

Restart your computer and try again.

7. Nova_Wind

Nova_Wind Thread Starter

Didn't work

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166512

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice