1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft Works Word Processor Problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by nwaters, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nwaters

nwaters Thread Starter

Hello, I'm not very good with computers so bare with me please :)

I am a university student and today when I went to open my class notes in Microsoft Works Word Processor I found nothing but a blank page. The file was still there, with the exact same name, but all the text was gone. The document contained 15 hours of lecture notes needed for an exam in 6 days, so I'm naturally pretty anxious for help. I have since turned my computer on and off. I have tried converting the file to rich text format and back, to no avail. The size of the document says a mere 16 kb now as well.

I opened the seemingly blank document with notepad, and found a bunch of jargon along with 2 interesting clues. One was very small pieces of my class notes here and there, in between the coding and jargon. The second was towards the end of the coding, where it said various random things about my HP printer. I did perform a printer test today, and was wondering if that did anything to delete or corrupt my notes.

I performed a system reset back to 5 PM (the file appeared blank at 6 PM, when it said it was last modified). The file is still blank. I have also checked through the recycle bin, nothing. I've got Windows Vista, and my computer is a Gateway Notebook, 5 months old.

These notes are very important to me and my grade in this class. I have backed up material from 3 weeks ago, but with 3 hour classes i would still be missing a lot of material >_<. Any help is much appreciated, thank you very much.
    ~Neil

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/806845

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice