1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microsoft works

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by andy meyrick, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andy meyrick

andy meyrick Thread Starter

If an address book disappears, what is the the suffix to look for and where should it reside on the C drive? :)

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi andy meyrick

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Is this the Windows Address Book you are referring to?
    Outlook Express also uses the Windows Address Book.

If so, do a Search for the file extension: *.wab

If not, let us know what operating system you are using and program the address book was associated with.

I do not remember an Address Book associated with Microsoft Works, but then again, I used Microsoft Works only briefly.

3. ChuckE

ChuckE

Andy, I have Works, which I seldom ever use, but I just ran a test to see where Works keeps its Address Book. Here is where I found:
    "C:\Documents and Settings\Chuck\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book\Chuck.wab"

Hope that helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/338912

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice