1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

microsoft works

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by GaryCalderon, Apr 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaryCalderon

GaryCalderon Thread Starter

I just bought a new computer which has windows xp on it. My old computer
    is using windows 98, my question is this. On the windows 98 machine I was using microsoft works version 6.0 spread sheet. The new machine has Excel
    is there any way that I can convert the works files to excel files so that excel
    can read the files. Or am I better off putting works spreed sheet on the new machine

Thanks Guys
    First time user
    Gary

2. XL Guru

XL Guru

Welcome Gary.

>> is there any way that I can convert the works files to excel files

Yes. In Works, choose Save As from the File menu. Under "Save As Type", there should be various Excel options.

>> am I better off putting works spreed sheet on the new machine

It's up to you. Excel has very many more features than Works spreadsheet ; then again, Works also comes with word processor and database applications, which you may not have on your new PC. If it's "Works Suite", then it also has Word. You could have Works and Excel on the new one, if space isn't an issue.

Rgds,
    Andy

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/350781

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice