1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

microsoft works

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by red love, Feb 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. red love

red love Thread Starter

ive jusy purchased a computer 2nd hand.ive tried to access microsoft works but it all comes up encrypted,please help!

------------------
    red love

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Red:

Welcome to TSG!

What does "it comes up all encrypted" mean? Exactly what do you do to open it?
    Which program in it did you try to open, the spreadsheet, word processor, database?
    We cannot see what you're getting so if you can just tell us exactly what happened from start to finish, we can probably figure it out.

------------------
    ~dreamboat~
    WeDoManuals
    Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word
    Brainbench

3. red love

red love Thread Starter

hi!i hope this extra info helps u help me!when i go through documents i get msworks.isa i cannot access this file as it shows the following message:
    the content of this file may look corrupted,it is because most of this file is encrypted.please do not alter any information in this file
    i want to get into works to use the templates for invoices/order forms etc.
    is there any other way i can do this type of work using windows?
    i am not very computer savvy,HELP!!!!!!!!!
    from red

------------------
    red love

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    I don't recognize the file extension "ISA". It sounds to me like it's a program file or sorts. What you want to look for to open the program is an executable file. Executables have an EXE at the end of them. You can hit Start-Find-Files or Folders and type:

*.exe

Make sure it's looking in C: and make sure Include subfolders is checked. Hit Find now. Open the window as big as you can. There will be column headings across the top of the columns: Name, In Folder, etc. Click on the bar that says Name and the files will now appear in alphabetical order. You'll be looking for (I believe) msworks.exe or something very similar to that. When you find it, you can right-click it and hit "Create shortcut". It will yell at you and say it can't create one here, do you want to put it on the desktop instead, answer YES. Now close the find files window up and double-click the MS Works icon on your desktop. That should get you in there. If you cannot find msworks.exe or something really similar, then they have deleted some programs/files.

------------------
    ~dreamboat~
    WeDoManuals
    Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word
    Brainbench

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/38941

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice