Microsoft XBOX

jjb

Okay-so I broke down and got the kid one for Xmas(what can I say,he's an only child).

I was just wondering if I could generate any discussion here on Microsofts venture into the gaming world.

It seems like a pretty good setup with amazing grapics.For those of you not familiar the specs are:
Intel 733 MHz cpu
300 MHz Microsoft/nVidia graphics chip
64mb memory
DVD drive
8 gb harddrive
broadband capable via ethernet port

Pretty impressive for a gaming device/dvd player

I have heard there have been some complaints of defective units off the shelf and terrible customer/tech support.

Any comments,experiances, etc. out there????

jjb----I've hears nothing but raves about it from owners. The graphics are mucho impressive. Howstuffworks list the nVidia chip at 250MHz but my memory from reading the specs off the paperwork from one was 300MHz. You can't buy this chip (yet) from NVidia for your computer.

what can I say,he's an only child
So you only had to buy one controller , right dad :D . A friend has one and loves it, he to has a only child...but...at least he fessed up to wanting one to :). I am sure if Microsoft has any big problems they will somehow fix them, after all the proof is we are all here, most of us using their products :p :rolleyes: :confused: ...Rhett

jjb

OK-OK I admit it Rhettman 5,it was easy to talk dad into.
2 controllers,dvd kit,2 games+2 dvds.
Yup,$300 grew to $500 in a hurry and we all know it doesn't stop there.
Whatever happened to real toys? You know,Hotwheels and G.I. Joes???

Rent the games before you buy. You can usualy get 2 games for 3 days for $10.00 not bad for evaluation, then when you find a good one, spend the bucks, could save ya some grief !! :)...Rhett

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online