1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

microsoft xpress hangs

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by pfloyd1973, Jun 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pfloyd1973

pfloyd1973 Thread Starter

After launching xpress 6.00.2800.1123 everything looks to be working just fine until I click create mail. The system just hangs for about 4-5 minutes. If I control/Alt/delete nothing happens until the systems unfreezes and I get the task mgr and the new email window pops up.
    I am running XP with Mcafee firewall and virus scan.
    I seem to have got this problem from nowhere, I upgraded from ME to XP last Nov with no problems, system is much more stable than ME.
    IExployer was freezing up when I clicked any site. I defragged and that seemed to work. Guy at work says it may be a bad ram chip but the system does come back after a while.
    I do upgrade the XP operating system when the patches seem to apply to me.
    Any thoughts?

2. Paul Rosso

Paul Rosso Guest

.....and afterall we're only ordinary men.......:)

3. Miz

Miz

First, disable McAfee and then try the new mail thing. If that clears it up, you'll have identified the culprit. Fixing it will be a matter of poking around in the McAfee program to adjust its configuration (I dont' use McAfee so I can't help with the specifics).

If you haven't already, download, install and run Spybot and/or AdAware (I use them both.) Let them clean up any spyware they find. Getting rid of spyware solves a lot of seemingly unrelated problems.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/137553

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice