1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

microsoft zune help pleaseeeeee

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by dirtyjerztek, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dirtyjerztek

dirtyjerztek Thread Starter

does anyone know what the hell is up with these things????

i bought one aroudn xmas time cuz it was supposed to be the new best thing that was user friendly.

i got it brand new from Besy Buy, theres not one bit on instructions, and no kind of message board or anything on their site. All there is, is a support line that of course is closed now.

1st) all of the sudden this thing just starts adding files from my cpu to the zune library whenever I open the software. I changed the option to " not automatically sync when i open the program"

2nd) for the life of me i cannot figure out how to put videos on it. It either wont accept the file when i drag it in. ( it gives me the little X ) or it adds the video with no sound.

again there is no instructions AT ALL, and the support and troubl shooting on the web i do not have the patience for.

thanx

2. dirtyjerztek

anyone???

3. dirtyjerztek

sorry for my many typos as well

4. ferrija1

ferrija1

5. dirtyjerztek

no manual at all. it came with a product guide thats 6 pages long and it only tells me about what came with the zune. i bought it brand new from best buy. everythign was sealed and all. i really want the instructions with me, in my hands for me to read, i dont want to have to search the internet.....i mean obviously i will, to find out how to get the best use out of this thing, but im sure you understand

thanx for your help

6. ferrija1

ferrija1

Any other questions?

7. dirtyjerztek

basically i cant figure this thing out at all. with no instructions of any kind and no zune message board im at a loss.

8. ferrija1

ferrija1

You hook it up to your computer, sync the songs, and play them on the Zune, I still don't see what is hard.....

9. ferrija1

ferrija1

10. dirtyjerztek

yea i got all that, i can figure out music and the syncing. but i shut the auto sync off, and every time i hook it up. music just starts syncing onto it from my cpu.

every time i open it it just starts adding songs. i have shut everything off and it still happens.

that and no matter what i do i cannot put any videos on it

11. Darth Soup

Darth Soup

You might try looking at this. It is the manual for the Toshiba S30. This and the S60 were put out last year and are what MS and Toshiba should have used as their flagship product instead of the Zune. I have one and it is a great unit, except for the terrible battery life. http://www.zunerama.com/docs/gigabeat_owners_manual.pdf

12. andrew_sea

andrew_sea

ferrija11,

I deference to your distinguished replies, I too am looking at this site for help in finding a proper Zune User Manual, and find your responses to be patronizing to say the least. It is clear to me that you don't own a Zune, otherwise you'd realize the links you offer are not what dirtyjerzdek and I are looking for.

What I'm looking for is a good old-fashioned manual I can sit down with somewhere quiet and learn all about the Zune device's functionality. I don't want to have to navigate screen menus and links (and remember where to go back and forth) instead of flipping between an instruction manual's pages. As a 20+ yr IT professional, I have no fear of technology, but I do recognize decent manuals and User guides. This hodge-podge of website how-to and software Help guide offered by MS is an insult to the $250 + Tax I paid for Zune.

In addition, MS has taken the perfectly good concept of "Product Guide" and crippled its meaning and value hereafter. Their Zune Product Guide is merely a "dangers of misuse" and warranty pamphlet with a couple of FCC warning thrown in for good measure.

Though it is probably too late for most forum members, let this be a warning to potential new Zune buyers: There is no User Manual for Zune that you can download from any website, nor a manual on the Zune software CD.

13. ferrija1

ferrija1

First, I never said I was posting the link to a manual. Second, I wasn't focused on finding a manual, I wanted to help solve those problems, so don't come two months later complaining about that.

Here are all the Zune docs.
    http://www.zunerama.com/zune_documentation.php

14. garyd205

garyd205

Can anyone tell me how to download a video movie on to my zune?

15. soldier_4_life

soldier_4_life

my zune is being really weird, i've had it for about 3 weeks and i went to charge it earlier today and it clicked. i tried turning it on and it'll go through the loading process but when it gets to the menu screen it'll click and shut off. it won't charge, or connect with the computor. please help? i don't know what happened

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/535938

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice