1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Microsofy Word on mAcbook Air

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by preet_kumar, Sep 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. preet_kumar

preet_kumar Thread Starter

I have Macbook Air. Suddenlly, 'Word document' I was working on, expanded to occupy
    the whole screen, and it was not possible to reduce the window size in order to open a browser
    window. I 'Force quit the word document'. When I again opened the document it again
    occupied the whole screen. I quit 'Word'. When I again CLicked on 'Word' in applicationc, the same
    full screen window opened again, instead of 'word' offering to stsrt a new window.

I shall appreciate help in solving this problem. thanks.
    preet_kumar

2. brooklynboy

brooklynboy

Try moving your mouse to a extreme side of the screen. It should turn into a double sided pointer, although you might not be able to see it. Once at the corner, press and hold the track pad and move the mouse towards the center. That should reduce the screen size.

3. preet_kumar

Thanks brooklynboy. I tried what you suggested. But it did not solve the problem.
    preet_kumar

4. brooklynboy

brooklynboy

Try one of the following:

press Command-Control-F . or

Hover your mouse near at the very top of the MAC screen until the menu appears. Click on the Green button and then click on Exit Full Screen Mode.

You are in Full Screen Mode and just need to get back to normal view

5. preet_kumar

Thanks. Pressing Command-Control-F worked. You might like to
    know that Apple Tech Support could not provide a solution to
    the problem. Where did you find this methid ?

Preet

6. brooklynboy

brooklynboy

Glad to see you have the issue solved. Interesting to note that Apple Tech support couldn't provide the answer.

Log onto Apple Support Communities. It's amazing what you can find there from your fellow Apple users ;)

Next time you open a program in full window mode, once you get out of the full mode, click on View on the top. Make sure it's not set to Full Screen Mode..

:)

ps Please mark the thread solved

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216524

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice