1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Microwave smokes

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by bbwolf54, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bbwolf54

bbwolf54 Thread Starter

When I start my microwave it starts smoking after about 10-15 seconds of running. I have checked the stirrir motor, magnetron and fan motor and all are working proper. Any ideas?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    Micowaves are quite cheap, I would throw away and get a new one .... I would not want to mess about with one and have any leakage as a result.....

3. bbwolf54

bbwolf54 Thread Starter

This one is not a cheap one because it is an overhead with 5 exhaust fan speeds and is an elite. To replace it would cost me $400.00 - $500.00.

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    Good point - my BAD, No suggestions though...

5. hewee

hewee

I would find out if there was ever a recall or something bad about your model and you may be able to get it fixed or replaced for free.

You got smoke so that means something is burning so you don't want to use it. So you should of seen where it was burning or it was some place you did not look at.

6. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

It certainly shouldn't be smoking thats for sure, the only things I can think of are its either insulation on wires or fatty food that been spattered about inside somewhere thats causing it ...you certainly want to find out the problem and quickly too because as said by etaf above, any leakages can be very dangerous to health ....in other words it can microwave you too ..

7. hewee

hewee

8. guy2

guy2

Transformer core might be getting to hot creating direct and radiant heat slowly burning transformer varnish or paper but after some time their will be nothing left to burn and then come disaster. Transformer might have been manufactured cheaply ,that's often but when a transformer fails you'll know it.

The Magnetron would not make smoke ,they are all soft mag iron and cheap steel so theirs nothing to burn

Did you see any roach droppings? They are quite regular in microwave's and will burn ,but burn away eventually ,if you going to clean it use something like a thin paint brush ,no water

I take these thing apart all the time

9. Thetrixrabbit

Thetrixrabbit

gos to show not to buy a 500 dollar microwave when you can get one for 30 bucks and throw it away when it breaks =P

10. hewee

hewee

Cook on the stove and better yet go raw. That means not to cook things over 105 and your get so much more from your foods.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920852

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice