1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mid-range business laptop (Best battery life?)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dynamix, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dynamix

Dynamix Thread Starter

Hi guys,

I am in search of a new mid-range (£400-£600) laptop, which will be used primarily for Word processing, email and Web browsing - so nothing too fancy.

However, the most important aspect is the battery..

At the moment I have a Compaq and the battery life is awful. Previously, I had a Dell and it could stay off charge for much longer.

So please, either give me the name/model of a very good/long lasting laptop battery that I can look out for, or recommend me a laptop that has good battery life.

Thanks guys, really appreciate it.

As always.!

2. Eyce

Eyce

They will all suck after time, just make sure you're not running a battery down to dead and then charge it. Charge it before you need to, so to speak.

Honestly, I don't think any "stock" manufacturer battery will be extremely different than the other.

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

If battery life is important, you'll want to get an extended life battery which will cost a bit more and could add more bulk to the laptop. How long a battery last depends on several factors including many you can control (screen brightness, wireless, Bluetooth, overall usage). Other than that, I would suggest reading some independent reviews of laptops and a search for opinion sites if there's a specific brand or line you're looking at.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/740355

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice