1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MIDI Input does what exactly?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by NOD62, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NOD62

NOD62 Thread Starter

I am thinking of purchasing the Yamaha NP-30

Now the only connection to the computer it has or so it has mentioned is that it has a MIDI input. Does this mean I am able to use synth programs (such as recycle or fruity loops) with it?

I know that MIDI is simply the intensity and pitch of every note player or in layman's terms... The kinda sound you get off an old video game. I'm just not sure if my computer will recognize this as a piano device?

2. IT-Support

IT-Support

In theory, if you have a MIDI input on your PC, then yes you can set it up as a synth. If the software you're using has MIDI plugins then yes it should work.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916499

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice