MIE and default mail programs issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cyclesex

I know to go to tools and programs and select the program I want to handle my default mail but I have MIE 6 and it only lists Outlook, Outlook Express and Hotmail. I want to add Yahoo mail in there too but how? I will edit the reg if someone can point the right way, or a different solution. I had Yahoo mail in my last MIE 5 brows,er and it was in my choices but this version doesnt see it or list it or whatever.
Thanks in Advance
xp pro+MIE 6.0.2900. blah blah blah sp2

I was researching to see if I could find something in the registry- which I might have. I searched for the tooltip- displayed when the mouse is over the Default E-ail Icon in XP (with the new start menu)- in the registry and found it in HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache The key data is "@explorer, -7005" If you what this means, please explain. I'm stumped about what it does.

cyclesex

Sorry Dugg and Raanank but no use. I dont know the reg entry and also the download suggested did not seem to work. I even re-started.
Anything else? Anyone??

Yahoo! is web mail. The only web mail account that will work is Hotmail. If you are using Yahoo! as POP3 - then the client is OE or Outlook. I would guess, something like Thunderbird or other would appear there if you use it. Yahoo! isn't a program.

sekirt

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online