1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MIFI 2200 won't connect

Discussion in 'Networking' started by tonyacardo, Apr 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tonyacardo

tonyacardo Thread Starter

MIFI 2200 works with the USB connected to the computer but, won't transmit to another computer.

It is a desktop. So I put in a wireless card. It will identify that the network is there but, will not access it. Is there a difference between what a desktop wireless card will access and what a laptop or mobile device will talk with.
    There seems to be because the MIFI will connect to a Droid and a laptop but, not to the desktop I want it to.

Is there a different card or some kind of USB thingy that I can use to make the two devices talk.

Additional:

MIFI is a verizon cellular product to connect up to 5 computers.

It will work when plugged in directly but, not when it has to use the wireless card.

The computer I want to connect has a wireless card and will recognize the network but, won't connect. It is a desktop, not a laptop or mobile device.

Thank you for your consideration

Turns out that you can buy a WiFi adapter in a USB plug and play device for a newegg price of 7.99 dollars to a high price of about 150 bucks.

Is there any card that I can put inside the computer so I can make this permanent?

2. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

you can use the device in two modes - USB, Wireless
    http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/mifi_2200/mifi2200.pdf

what mode are you using it - should be wireless - you can then connect upto 5 devices to the MiFi with wireless and use the mobile broadband connection - Note your data plan , as it could get expensive

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Your post was not clear to me. I'm assuming you have installed wireless in the desktop and the MIFI is working.

Are you using XP's wireless utility (WZC) or a wireless utility that came with the card? Do you have the latest driver from the manufacturer's web site?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
    (For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/994172