1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mifi vs isp connection

Discussion in 'Networking' started by saaby1, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. saaby1

saaby1 Thread Starter

I have hp s7527c Just swithched from verizon usb 760 to thier 4510 mifi hotspot. spent a lot of timw with thier reps trying to get the desktop to connect to isp. My laptop (toshiba) and Ipad2 both connect with no problems. I have downloaded SP 3 to insure current OS Deskto does connect to Mifi but will not connect to IE isp.

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

The 4510 is a wireless hotspot device. Does the desktop computer have a wireless networking adapter installed and working? Does it see the MiFi?

3. saaby1

saaby1 Thread Starter

Yes the adapter is working and the desktop connects to mifi, just cannot find isp

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

What do you mean "cannot find isp"? ISP stands for Internet Service Provider. Verizon is your ISP, and you receive that service through the MiFi device. If you're successfully connecting to the MiFi, then what other problems are you having? Be specific as to exactly what happens.

5. saaby1

saaby1 Thread Starter

i guess I should say it will not connect to Internet exployer or skype or goggle chrome screen says "cannot find server) i have spent hours with VZ techs with no avail. Like I say it works well (mifi) with my laptop and ipad2.

6. Rockn

Rockn

You are probably not getting a valid DNS server once you are connected to the Mifi. Try manually adding 8.8.8.8 to your Wireless adapters TCP/IP settings.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031515

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice