Might & Magic Heroes 7 - Port issues / something I missed?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Xagger

Hey guys,

so a while ago Might & Magic heroes 7 came out, an old time favourite of my friends and myself. We all bought it to play online together, but since they released this game in such a crapy fashion every player has to use workarounds to get things working. (things I used to do for wc2/3, but you would not expect that in 2015/16)

The problem:
When you go to multiplayer -> online -> create a game, the game gives you a message "Port 27015 should be open to host games".

My attempts at a sollution:
I used portforward.com as a guide, it told me to set up a static ip which I did:

Here I checked if everything indeed changed:

Next upt was forwarding the ports:

(Out of frustration I tried both my dns server and my pc's ip adress, I am not that experienced with this, and yes I had them enabled)

This did not work, so I tried the port forwarding along with adding the launcher from ubisoft and homm7 to the firewall and even disabling the firewall but still no luck.

I checked various online port checking sites, but they all told me those ports where still blocked and that the connection timed out. This is odd, because I have them opened up.

Some googling gave me the idea I had a double NAT in my network, therefore the router to which I am connected with ethernet should have a private ip in the range of 10.xxx.xxx etc or 192.xxx.xxx etc. But that is not the case, my router status page gives me this:

So when the port forwarding didnt work out, someone suggested DMZ should always do the trick, well it didnt..

And last but not least my ISP, is Ziggo ( I live in the netherlands ) and they are not blocking any of the ports I tried to forward.

So in the end I am kinda frustrated and don't know what to do.

My router model
Cisco EPC3925

Can someone please help me or explain if I did something wrong?

Kind regards!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online