Migrating a Ubiquiti UNMS to a new server

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
Around 9:30 pm tonight, I'm planning to have a live stream with one of my employees as we try to move a UNMS install to a new server. Feel free to stop back here around that time if you're interested! :)

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
Oops, thanks for that, James. Always Eastern, the REAL time zone. 😄 I'm planning to be online in about 2 hours.

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
If you click on the title and go to YouTube, you can join in the chat. :)

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
Thanks for hanging out with us, James! I'm rather frustrated by the new issue with the third IP address. I'm going to have to sleep on it and think of some ways to narrow down that issue. Certainly, I can connect a device directly to the fiber to see if I can use those IPs there to rule out an ISP issue, but I'd be surprised if that was the problem.

Couriant

James
Sorry for missing the rest... had to get kiddos to bed, but certainly would like to hang around for part duex.

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
It's showing correctly on my screen. I wonder if it's a bug in the program that brings live posts to a page that has already been loaded. Unfortunately that feature isn't even available in the latest version of XenForo whenever we upgrade. Try refreshing the page and let me know what you see.

Couriant

James
It's showing correctly on my screen. I wonder if it's a bug in the program that brings live posts to a page that has already been loaded. Unfortunately that feature isn't even available in the latest version of XenForo whenever we upgrade. Try refreshing the page and let me know what you see.
OK, the refresh worked... I think I have been having chrome issues for a while now... lol did you resolve the traffic issue?

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
Sadly, no. It could be a problem with the ISP, but I've had some strange issues with Ubiquiti EdgeRouters and multiple WAN IPs in the past. I've been wanting to try out pfSense so I just ordered some hardware and might give that a try. Next time I'm at the location, I may also connect my laptop directly to the fiber connection to make sure all of the WAN IPs are working from the ISP, too.

Couriant

James
The only thing I was wondering since I couldn't see too much (had gotten booted off the big tv) was did your rule allow ping / ICMP outbound?

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
Yes, and it worked fine if we pointed the .122 IP address to it. It just stopped when we switched it to .123. Very strange.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online