Migrating favorites and address book

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ps67boy

Alan
Some help please. I currently have an ME system and use NS7.0 for browsing and email client. I set it up for networking and will soon install an XP system and move files/folders from ME to XP unit. I plan to use Firefox/Thunderbird on new XP system. I have no idea how to move my favorites and address book from the ME system to the new XP system. Can anyone help with this (please be detailed)? Thanx much.

buf

Hi and welcome to TSG. A c/p of how to do what you want to do using Internet Explorer(IE) is below:
Internet Explorer includes an import/export function similar to the import/export function in Outlook or Outlook Express. Among the uses for the Import/Export feature is its ability to back up your list of Favorites in IE. Open the File menu in IE and click Import And Export to launch the Import/Export Wizard. Click the Next button at the bottom of the dialog box. In the List Of Actions To Perform list, select Export Favorites and click Next. Select the folders you want to export from and click Next. You can export your Favorites to another Web browser by selecting the Export To An Application radio button, or you can select the Export To A File Or Address radio button to export to a file. Click Next and then click Finish.

I never used Netscape but quiet possibly it can be done the same way. If not, switch over to IE long enough to do the job. Please post back with your hoped for good results so that others may learn from your experience.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online