1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Migrating from MS Office 2003 to Office 2007 = PAIN

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by animorph, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. animorph

animorph Thread Starter

I recently purchased Microsoft Office 2007 and upgraded from my 2003 installation (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) today. I can't believe how frustrated I am, I am regretting the entire purchase and upgrade. The composition of the toolbars is lacking options/icons present in 2003, the word configuration options are all over the place, and I cannot for the life of me find out where some of the most basic options are, such as fields. I didn't know the Visual Basic toolbox is gone until I read a help file on some website online, stating that Microsoft now wants you to purchase VB.NET separately.

I have used Microsoft Office since version 6.22 with Windows 3.1, I can deal with tabs instead of menus, and the new theme...but it is a serious serious pain when I can't find the location of options which I have been using for the past ten years. There is an old addage... If it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT!
    I think Microsoft will be losing many many customers with this one.

Is anyone aware of any guides, books, online documentation, etc which can help users to migrate?? If not, I'm going to be sending off these cds to the Salvation Army.

2. WendyM

WendyM Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi animorph,
    Yes, the changes are extensive. But Microsoft does have helpful interactive guides that let you choose a function in 2003 and find it in 2007. I hope these help.

Outlook
    Word
    Excel
    Access
    PowerPoint

3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

It's all about making money nowadays ...
    M$ wants you to buy their software every 3 years, or so ... Office 2010 beta is available now.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/901945

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice